Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Digital Nation: A Nation Distracted

The Frontline Digital Nation special "Distracted by Everything" really showed me how the technology that I use affects not only me, but others around me. I feel as if I can multitask successfully, but until it gets in my way, I do have to slow down a bit.

I recently read a study in which students were asked not to have their cell phones during class. After the class was over, most students experienced bouts of depression and anxiety without having their phone with them. Some may find this crazy, but I feel that since we are a nation that has all this information being provided to us, and different ways to obtain it, we become so hungry for it.

Are we a nation that is constantly distracted with technology? I would say so. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Embracing that technology only brings us further in what we are trying to accomplish.


Share your experiences!
Join the Discussion: Roundtable with Douglas Rushkoff

No comments:

Post a Comment