Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How has Twitter helped me?






After reading a few chapters from Mark Briggs' Journalism Next, I've found different ways in which Twitter can help me gain more followers that will help in research and journalism. I have been following different news publications to stay up-to-date about what is going on, locally and nationally. Without staying in tune with what is going on, it would be hard to progress in a career in journalism. After using Twitter on a daily basis, I get breaking news without going through different media outlets. I've retweeted news stories that have interested me and gotten responses from my followers who have heard about the same or who haven't heard about the news. For example, I didn't hear about the tragic suicide of Alexander McQueen until I read the different tweets on my TweetDeck.

I feel if I keep tweeting different news stories and stay in contact with publications, I can expand my group of followers and even use my current ones for sources and story ideas what may help in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment